Summary: Summary: Seven police personnel and a JCB driver were injured in a stone-pelting incident at Rabale on Monday evening. MIDC officials were demarcating the hutment areas at Devidham Nagar in Digha, which were demolished. Police personnel were present at the spot for bandobast.
Mehmood Pracha, an eminent lawyer and pioneer of outer space law in India, has been elected the president of the South Asian Minorities Lawyers Association (SAMLA) for a five-year term. SAMLA secretary-general Feroz Khan Ghazi said the organisation, comprising lawyers from various South Asian countries, was working for minorities` rights in the region since 2008. "SAMLA works on the understanding that presence of one community as majority in one country and as minority in another country provides immense opportunities for further strengthening of bonds between their governments and peoples," Ghazi said.
Pracha said that through SAMLA, efforts would be made to protect human rights of minorities and other weaker sections throughout the South Asian region which are intimately connected and share geography, history, culture and religions , As Reported By Mirror.
According to the Newspaper, A pioneer of outer space law in India, Pracha is associated with the International Institute of Space Law and the European Centre of Space Law, which operates under the European Space Agency and the European Union. PTI .
Subscribe to Mumbai News
- Rains affect puja preparations in Cuttack
- MLA Pravat family, supporters allege foul play behind CBI arrest
- Bus ferrying school children mows down man, driver flees leaving behind children
- Delhi Congress workers to form human chain to protest high petrol, diesel prices
- Bandit Babuli Kol avoiding cell phone use to stay off police radar
- Cops can’t be private guards: Bombay HC asks government to review police protection cases