Cases of live wire electrocution on the rise in Nashik zone of MSEDCL
- | Saturday | 12th January, 2019
People hardly realise that it was their own fault,” the officer said.The officer also pointed out that most of the people just fail to carry out the ‘earthing’ procedure, which should be given top priority. However, if any such incident occurs, the company is held responsible on one or the other ground,” a senior MSEDCL official said.The official also pointed out that most of such cases include masons working on a construction site. “Besides the fatalities, leakage of current has also increased.”“This is a serious matter related to handling electrical units and equipments. The consumers should use standard equipments with the services rendered by authorised contractors instead of attempting to self-do the installations. “On an average, at least once in ten years the earthing in the house or the building should be renewed, but you will find 50 years old houses not caring for it,” the officer said.The total numbers of accidents (including those of animals) across Nashik zone stands at 135 this year.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Latest Nashik headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.