State hospitals poor at handling biomedical waste, says study

  • | Tuesday | 21st March, 2017

It discovered that 52% of the hospitals have their yellow containers distinctly marked as containing bio-hazard waste.Seventy-nine percent of hospitals transport their waste in open containers, which increases the risk of spreading infection. He added, "The State Pollution Control Board needs to be more proactive and create awareness about waste disposal. The CSC carried out its study in 19 hospitals in Ranchi and Dhanbad with a combined capacity of 3,486 beds.Nivit Kumar Yadav of CSE said most private hospitals did not have technical information about waste disposal. "The CSE found 42% of the hospitals not following even the basic segregation guideline. He added, "The reason for this is 15% to 20 % of waste generated in hospitals is toxic and needs to be treated and mixing it with the remaining 80% increases the pool of infected waste and the chances of infection.

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Latest Ranchi headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles