GUWAHATI: Firemen saved the lives of four persons, including a toddler, trapped in a building during a massive blaze that broke out in the busy Fancy Bazar area on Wednesday morning.
A short circuit in the Kamala Market-cum-residential complex in the area is believed to have triggered the fire.
Though no casualty was reported, fire fighters had to struggle for hours to douse the fire.
"The four were trapped inside the multi-storied building that caught fire.
Goods, mostly plastic, were damaged in the incident," said a fireman.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Latest Guwahati headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.