STAFF REPORTERGUWAHATI: Fire broke out at Ram Nagar, Jyotikuchi, burning down almost 20 houses on Friday morning.
As per sources, the fire was the result of short-circuit, which when spread, triggered several gas cylinder blasts.
Fire services and Fatasil Ambari police arrived to douse the raging flames.
Although no lives were lost, loss of several lakhs of rupees has been reported.
Also Read: Massive fire broke out at BJP Leader Tadar's House, Properties worth lakh guttedAlso Watch: Congress launched 7-hr hunger strike to protest against CAB in Tinsukia