KOLKATA: A fire broke out at a ground-floor cloth godown on Jamunalal Bajaj Street in Burrabazar around 8.30pm on Sunday.
He added that residential houses in Burrbazar were being used for commercial purposes without proper infrastructure.
“There was panic among merchants since there are cloth gowdowns all around the spot.
The fire sparked panic among the residents and traders in the area as their memories are fresh with the September fire at Bagri Market, which continued for four days.
But we have managed to control the fire from spreading,” added Bose.The minister said a probe has begun to ascertain the cause of the fire.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Kolkata Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.