Recent rain in Marathwada brings down deficit to 17%

  • | Wednesday | 29th November, 2023

Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar: Parts of Marathwada, including Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar, Jalna and Hingoli districts, received more rain in the 24-hour period ending on Tuesday morning. The rainfall activity over the past two days has helped reduce the regions rain deficiency to 17%.Among the eight districts in the Marathwada region, Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar recorded the highest rainfall (14mm), followed by Hingoli (13mm), Jalna (12mm), Osmanabad (9mm), Beed (5 mm), Parbhani (4mm), Latur and Nanded (both 1mm), revealed the official data.Marathwada, on average, has recorded 48mm showers during the 48-hour period ending Tuesday, which is 307% of the expected November rain. The region has received 638mm rainfall since June 1, this year, which is 83% of normal showers, leaving 17% deficiency. It received 119% of expected showers during the corresponding period last year, show the official data.As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), several parts of Marathwada are likely to get light rain over the next 24 hours. Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar and Beed districts are likely to witness thunderstorms accompanied by lightning and gusty winds.Meanwhile, farmers leaders have claimed the unseasonal rain caused damage to rabi crops in parts of Marathwada. Farmers leader Jayaji Suryawanshi said the state government should offer loan waivers to farmers to overcome the agrarian crisis. Earlier, the kharif crop suffered due to rain deficiency in June and August. Now, the rabi season is taking a hit due to heavy showers. Only loan waiver can help farmers cope, he said.We also published the following articles recentlyMaharashtra: Crops on almost 1 lakh hectares damaged by unseasonal rainUnseasonal rainfall and hailstorm in Maharashtra has damaged crops on 99,381 hectares of land, affecting agriculture and horticulture crops in North Maharashtra, Marathwada, and Vidarbha. The damage is spread across several districts including Nasik, Buldhana, Thane, Palghar, Ahmednagar, Jalna, Parbhani, Nanded, Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar, Jalgaon, and Pune. Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has directed panchnamas and compensation proposals for areas with damages exceeding 33 percent. The Opposition criticizes Shinde for campaigning in Telangana and neglecting the crisis in Maharashtra. NCP MP Supriya Sule calls for immediate panchnamas and a drought relief package from the Centre.20 lives lost as unseasonal rains lash Gujarat, most deaths due to lightningUnseasonal rains caused by the western disturbance lashed Gujarat, resulting in flight diversions and delays. The rains led to 20 deaths, primarily caused by lightning, and the loss of at least 40 animals. The showers, along with hailstorms and gusty winds, caused widespread destruction of crops and damage to property. City and highway traffic was affected across the state. The assessment of the damage will occur once the rains subside.

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Latest Aurangabad headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles