Govt plans industrial hub on 340 acres in Ghaziabad now

  • | Tuesday | 21st November, 2023

GHAZIABAD: The UP State Industrial Development Authority (UPSIDA) plans to set up an industrial hub on 340 acres at Newari. Of the total land, the authority will have to acquire 210 acres of private land and a proposal for the same has been submitted to the district magistrate, UPSIDA deputy general manager RS Yadav said. The remaining 140 acres belong to the gram sabha.Under the Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013, the government pays four times the prevailing circle rate of an area in compensation for acquiring private land.The Authority will have to spend an estimated Rs 128 crore to acquire this land. It is also a challenge to find contiguous parcels, Yadav said.DM RK Singh said once the land acquisition is okayed by the state industrial development authority, he, as a facilitator will help UPSIDA acquire both the land with the gram sabha and the 210 acres of private land.Ghaziabad is home to more than 27,000 industries spread across 11 industrial clusters, including one in Hapur, which employ a workforce of over five lakhs. Due to its geographical location and its proximity to the national capital, the industrial clusters flourished mostly in the 1960s and 1970s with UPSIDC providing for land. Despite demand, in the last 20 years, no new industrial cluster has been added to it as the UPSIDA has exhausted its land bank.Last year, the development authority floated a new industrial policy to free up unutilised land with the ailing and sick industries so that small industries could come up in those land parcels. The corporation allowed the owners of obsolete or ailing industrial units to sell off 75% of the land, subdivided into smaller plots of 4,000 sqm or more, while operating on the remaining 25%.Earlier, in 2020, UPSIDC had formulated a policy for existing industrial units to keep functioning on 50% of the land while it would take back 12.5% while the unit owners could sell another 12.5% as smaller plots. But the policy had found few takers. We also published the following articles recentlyLand conversion heats up Santa Cruz gram sabhaThe Santa Cruz gram sabha meeting discussed various issues including the proposed marina at Nauxim, the conversion of low-lying fields at Cujira, and an increase in house tax. Concerns were raised about the land use change and the possibility of a casino being set up in the area. Some residents opposed the conversion, stating that it would affect the waterway nearby. The panchayat did not provide answers to questions about supporting villagers in seeking the revocation of the land conversion. The gram sabha also demanded the scrapping of the marina project.Oberoi Realty enters Delhi-NCR; buys 15-acre land in Gurugram for nearly Rs 600 croreMumbai-based real estate company Oberoi Realty has acquired a 15-acre land in Gurugram for INR 597 crore ($80 million) to develop a luxury housing project. This marks the companys entry into the Delhi-NCR property market. Oberoi Realty plans to primarily develop a luxury residential group housing project on this land parcel, which will provide an estimated 2.6 million square feet for development. The company reported a 17% decline in sale bookings for the second quarter of this fiscal year, but a 43% increase in consolidated net profit.State cabinet amends law, now tribals can sell their landThe state government of Odisha has decided to ease laws governing land belonging to tribals, allowing them to sell their land to non-tribals. The state cabinet approved a proposal to amend the existing regulation, which prohibits the transfer of tribal land to non-tribals in scheduled areas. However, there is a condition that the individual should not become landless after the transfer. The amendment aims to help educated tribal youths monetize their land for various purposes and promote tribal development.

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Ghaziabad Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles