KANPUR: A major fire broke out in two shops located at Express road on Thursday morning and destroyed two adjoining shops as well.
More fire tenders were pressed into action to bring the flames under control.
Smoke continued to billow till 9 am and fire fighters were engaged in checking the area to prevent any further untoward incident.“It took several tankers to douse the flames.
The fire continued for nearly three hours and gutted the shops,” said a fire department official.“The flames were triggered due to a possible short circuit in the electrical panel and before the team could reach the spot, the fire had already spread to the other shops.
The matter is under investigation,” said police.
Stay updated with all the Kanpur Live News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.