Summary: With commitment, planning and focussed efforts, the entire supply chain of GNFC Neem products functions like a well-oiled machinery. There are continuous innovations introduced to the model to make it more efficient and effective and gain the desirable ends through available means. By Ashish Tiwari
After being recognized for operating the first cashless township in the country, Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilisers & Chemicals Limited (GNFC) is now all set to spread its branches in selling home-grown neem-based products in five other states.
However, what makes the manufacturing giant stand out is their policy of employing only women for the job. By generating employment and income for almost one lakh women during the lean summer season in Gujarat, many of whom have never worked outside of the domestic sphere before, it has led to budding aspirations and a sense of empowerment.
Along with taking ahead Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of producing 100 per cent neem-coated urea, GNFC produces Azadirachta indica (Neem)-based products such as Neem soap, Neem Oil, Neem cakes, Neem Pestisides and Neem fertilizers with the remaining Neem seeds.
They are now tying-up with various co-operative societies in five states, namely Karnataka, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. Divulging details about the extensive production of high-neem content-based products, Managing Director, GNFC Dr. Rajiv Kumar Gupta told NYOOOZ.com that their main objective is to create an environment-friendly procedure of conserving urea by coating it with neem oil and, in the process, empowering women.
According to Dr. Gupta, the following are the objectives that have been undertaken under PM Modi’s vision:
· To fulfil a historical policy mandate.
· To prevent the misuse of Urea and reduce the use of Urea in farms.
· To supplement the income of rural poor especially women by way of Neem seed collection.
· To promote the usage of Organic Fertilizer for the larger interest of farmers and to increase its availability.
· To encourage people to protect and nourish Neem trees.
· To strengthen Village Level Societies (VLS’s) / PaniSamiti / Sakhi Mandal / Milk Cooperatives as collection centres for Neem seeds and providing livelihood to the rural population.
· To plant one million Neem trees over next 4 to 5 years and create awareness about the environmental protection.
Such efforts never go unnoticed and hence even PM Modi has, on several occasions, appreciated and motivated GNFC’s efforts towards his vision.
Subscribe to Vadodara News
- Husband of deputy sarpanch booked: FIR filed for ‘stopping’ Dalit sarpanch from hoisting flag
- 17 arrested for assaulting Dalit sent to jail
- British team scouts for land, also weighs Jewar airport bid
- Transferred shares worth Rs 80L to his a/c, manager held
- Four men enter society, fire in air, guards catch one
- This Hyderabadi is Gifting Toilets to the Needy