- Monday | 19th February, 2018
- Friday | 16th February, 2018
- Wednesday | 14th February, 2018
- Monday | 12th February, 2018
- Friday | 9th February, 2018
Did you know that India is at the second position in the list of most populous countries? Or do you know that Vatican City is the least populous country in the world? No? Read on to know more amazing facts.
Nearly 80 million people are added to the world’s population every year. To bring attention to the issues regarding population July 11, is celebrated as World Population Day. It was established in 1989, and the world population recorded was about 5 billion. Today, the global population has reached 7.5 billion. The theme of World Population Day 2017 is ‘Family Planning: Empowering People, Developing Nations‘.
On World Population Day, NYOOOZ brings you some facts related to it, have a look.
1. In 1000 AD, the world population was only 400 million and by 1804, the world population reached 1 billion.
2. The top five most populous countries are China, India, The United States of America, Indonesia and Brazil
3. Five least populous countries/territories are Vatican City, Nauru, Tuvalu, Palau and San Marino
4. By the year 2100, the population of the world would be approximately 11.2 billion.
5. The exact 7th million baby was born in India in Uttar Pradesh. She was named Baby Nargis.
6. Nearly 52 per cent of the world population is under 30 years old.
7. Every second, there are 4.3 births and 1.8 deaths.
8. If Facebook was a country, it would be the most populous in the world. Every month, 1.39 billion people log into their accounts on Facebook.
9. In 1800, only 3 per cent of the world population lived in cities.
10. In 1900, there were only 12 cities around the world constituting a population of 1 million. Today it has grown to 400 cities and population over 7.5 billion
There has been a decline in the fertility rate courtesy several population control programs of UN and awareness among people for the use of condoms, contraception methods and family programming.