- Friday | 15th March, 2019
- Friday | 8th March, 2019
- Monday | 28th January, 2019
- Wednesday | 9th January, 2019
- Wednesday | 3rd October, 2018
Here are the list of the 14 akhadas, that are being specified into three major components, varying from the true believers of their respective gods to the staunch devotees of Hinduism, as a religion.
The Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad is the apex organisation of Hindu Sadhus and Sants who work for the preservation of Hindu religion and culture.
Akhadas in India literally means a wrestling ring in Hindi and followers of Lord Shiva and Vishnu.
Indian philosopher and religious reformer Adi Shankaracharya was the founder of seven major Indian Akhadas known as Mahanirvani, Niranjani, Juna, Atal, Avahan, Agni and Anand Akhada.
Here are the Akhadas of this Kumbh Mela
The Nirvani Ani has the largest number of Akhadas for the Sadhu Sants and the Naga Sadhus as well. They also pertain to the Shaivites, who are the followers of gods, Lord Vishnu and Shiva.
Here are the list of seven Nirvani Ani Akhadas-
1. Shri Panchayati Mahanirvani Akhada (Allahabad)
2. Shri Panch Atal Akhada (Varanasi)
3. Shri Panchayati Niranjani Akhada (Allahabad)
4. Shri Panchdashnaam Juna Akhada (Varanasi)
5. Shri Panchdashnaam Aavahan Akhada (Varanasi)
6. Shri Panchdashnaam Panchagni Akhada (Junagarh)
7. Taponidhi Shri Anand Panchayati Akhada
Digambar Ani Akhada
The Digambar Ani includes three major Akhadas . They pertain to the followers of Lord Vishnu, which are also known as the Bairagi Akhadas.
Here are the three Digambar Ani Akhadas that are listed below-
1. Shri Digambar Ani Akhara (Sabarkantha)
2. Shri Nirvani Ani Akhara (Ayodhya)
3. Shri Nirmohi Ani Akhara (Mathura)
Nirmal Ani Akhada
The Nirmal Ani also owns three major Akhadas, which are known as Udaseen or the neutral Akhadas.
Here are the three Nirmal Ani Akhadas that are listed below-
1. Shri Panchayati Bada Udaseen Akhada (Allahabad)
2. Shri Panchayti Naya Udaseen Akhada (Haridwar)
3. Shri Nirmal Panchayati Akhada (Haridwar)
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.