2 held for negligence in cylinder blast case

  • | Sunday | 3rd December, 2023

Thane: Mumbra police arrested two persons for negligence while handling highly combustible gas cylinder that reportedly led to the blast at a scrap shopand resulted the injury of three persons in the blast last Saturday. The accused are identified as Raju Siddiqui 25, a resident of Nagai village and his brother Sufiyan Siddiquie 20. The police said that they had fled to Uttar Pradesh and a team had launched a manhunt to nab them .They were caught and brought to Thane. Sources informed that a preliminary probe revealed that the accused had used a substandard quality of cylinder pipe which may have led to leakage and then a blast took place. Also, the gas pipe was punctured near the regulator that triggered the blast. Last Saturday, a blast occurred at around 6am at the ground-plus-four storeyed Mughal building. The official said that the blast was so powerful that the window panes of other flats were shattered and also damaged vehicles outside on the road. tnnWe also published the following articles recentlyMan booked for negligence in Mumbra cylinder blast caseA 25-year-old man in Mumbra has been booked for negligence in handling a gas cylinder, which caused a blast at a scrap shop and injured three people. The blast occurred in a building and resulted in shattered windows, damaged flats, and vehicles. The accused, along with his accomplices, used the shop to store scrap and sell Chinese food. Despite knowing about a leakage in the cylinder, the accused failed to take precautions. The police have launched a manhunt for the accused who is currently absconding.Multiple houses collapse after cylinder blast in Mumbais Chembur; four of family injuredFour to five ground-plus-one structures collapsed in Mumbais Chembur camp after a cylinder blast. The fire brigade rescued 11 people using rescue tools. Four members of a family suffered injuries and are undergoing treatment at Shatabdi Hospital. The injured individuals are Vikas Ambhore (50), Ashok Ambhore (27), Savita Ambhore (47), and Rohit Ambhore (29).Miraculous escape for 3 sisters as kitchen goes up in flames, cylinder blastsA fire broke out in the kitchen of a family residing in government quarters in Bhatulem, Panaji. The three daughters, who were alone in the flat at the time, had a miraculous escape when an LPG cylinder blasted. The fire services personnel also had a miraculous escape when the cylinder blasted. The fire did not spread to the neighboring flats. The cause of the fire is suspected to be overheating from a water heater left on overnight.

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Latest Thane headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles

3 kidnap 17-yr-old girl, booked
  • Tuesday | 12th December, 2023
Engineer, cabbie among those arrested by NIA
  • Monday | 11th December, 2023