Summary: In a major development the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) general council has removed Sasikala as interim general secretary, annuls her decisions on sackings and appointments.
In a major development the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) general council has removed Sasikala as interim general secretary, annuls her decisions on sackings and appointments.
The decision has been taken at the AIADMK General Council meeting that took place on Tuesday today. Chief Minister K Palaniswami and his Deputy O Pannerselvam were among those who were present at today`s meeting of the decision-making body, the first since the death of Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s last year.
Earlier, a cloud of uncertainty had hung over today`s meeting as the Dhinakaran faction had moved the Madras High Court seeking a stay on it. The court had upheld an order of a single judge dismissing a plea to stay the AIADMK general council and executive committee meeting convened by Chief Minister K Palaniswami-led faction.
Two rivals, Dhinakaran and Palaniswami have been at loggerheads, with 19 MLAs meeting Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao and seeking removal of Palaniswami, on August 22.
Subscribe to Chennai News
- Alliance for Social Justice sweeps HCU students union elections
- Economy has hit rock bottom, can only revive from here, says Gurumurthy
- TRB exam today as HC vacates stay
- Once-in-five-days water supply in Coimbatore: Velumani
- CSBC Bihar constable exam admit card 2017: Where and how to download
- An awareness drive to sensitise Bareilly about road safety rules