Summary: In a major development the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) general council has removed Sasikala as interim general secretary, annuls her decisions on sackings and appointments.
In a major development the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) general council has removed Sasikala as interim general secretary, annuls her decisions on sackings and appointments.
The decision has been taken at the AIADMK General Council meeting that took place on Tuesday today. Chief Minister K Palaniswami and his Deputy O Pannerselvam were among those who were present at today`s meeting of the decision-making body, the first since the death of Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s last year.
Earlier, a cloud of uncertainty had hung over today`s meeting as the Dhinakaran faction had moved the Madras High Court seeking a stay on it. The court had upheld an order of a single judge dismissing a plea to stay the AIADMK general council and executive committee meeting convened by Chief Minister K Palaniswami-led faction.
Two rivals, Dhinakaran and Palaniswami have been at loggerheads, with 19 MLAs meeting Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao and seeking removal of Palaniswami, on August 22.
Subscribe to Chennai News
- O. Velayudhan Achari’s legacy of exquisite craftsmanship
- Building collapse in Bhiwandi claims one life, leaves six injured; many feared trapped
- Neville Shah’s experimental humour
- Three killed after car falls from incomplete flyover near Chennai
- Building collapse in Bhiwandi, Mumbai
- Building collapses in Bhiwandi near Mumbai; many feared trapped